2022 Rise Up! Mentorship Program
We are thrilled to announce the 8th round of Rise Up!, AIGA Atlanta’s exclusive mentorship program that’s designed to pair emerging designers with seasoned mentors from our own creative community. We accept designers at all stages of their career located ITP, OTP, and beyond!
Space is limited and spots fill up quickly! Apply by Thursday, January 13, 2022.
How It Works
AIGA Atlanta accepts a total of 45 mentee-mentor pairs to participate in an exclusive program that promotes community, design education, and personal & professional development.
- Mentees and mentors fill out online applications (located below).
- Selected individuals are paired based on concentration, geography, interests, and other parameters.
- Mentee-mentor pairs are introduced at a mandatory kick-off session where they establish goals and expectations to tailor their experience.
- They are encouraged to communicate at minimum monthly; however, most pairs choose to do so more frequently.
- Pairs meet again at a closing session where they are invited to share jointly produced projects and/or “aha” moments.
Open to students, recent graduates, and young professionals pursuing careers in design-related fields.
The Mentor position is open to ALL seasoned design professionals with at least 5 years of experience in a design-related field.
There is a fee of $30 for all mentees to apply for the Rise Up! Mentorship Program. Participation is free for mentors, but the application process is still a requirement.
Please contact Joe Kang at email@example.com with any additional questions you may have about the program. We will do our best to respond within 48-hours.
Rise Up! 2022 Applications will be open for submissions on Thursday, December 23, 2021 and will remain open until Thursday, January 13, 2022. See below for specific guidelines and responsibilities for the 2022 Program and read prior to applying to the program.
Guidelines and Responsibilities
See below for specific guidelines and responsibilities for the program. Please read prior to applying to the program.
- Participants are required to meet one-on-one once a month (i.e. in person, video chat, phone call, etc), though more frequent interactions are encouraged.
- Life happens, and sometimes obligations need to be rearranged. Please give your partner the respect of at least a 24-hour cancellation notice prior to your scheduled meeting.
- Focus is on enhancing the skills necessary to be a successful professional designer. This is not considered an internship, nor a guarantee of employment. The program is entirely experiential and customized by participant according to their areas of need.
- The AIGA Atlanta Mentorship Committee will hand select pairs based on the application, geographic proximity, professional interests, and the outside interests of each applicant.
- There is an Opening Party planned for Saturday, January 29, 2022 where mentees and mentors will meet “officially” for the first time with mandatory attendance.
- There will be a Closing Party tentatively planned (date TBD) with mandatory attendance.
- If using social media to detail this experience, please use hashtag #AIGARiseUp, #DesignAtlanta, and #AIGAatl