We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve reached our mentee capacity for the 2018 season! Thanks so much for your interest in the 2018 Rise Up Mentorship Program.
CALLING ALL MENTORS!
We’re still accepting mentor applications! Interested in giving back to the Atlanta design community? Want to share your hard earned experience with someone who will benefit and grow from your expertise? Past mentors have described the experience as fulfilling, enjoyable, and enriching. Keep reading for more information!
We are thrilled to announce the 4th round of Rise Up, AIGA Atlanta’s exclusive mentorship program, designed to pair emerging designers with seasoned mentors from our own creative community. We accept designers at all stages of their career located ITP, OTP, and Beyond!
This year, we will be accepting up to 40 mentees and 40 mentors.
How it Works Each year, AIGA Atlanta accepts a select group of Mentee-Mentor pairs to participate in an exclusive program that promotes community, design education, and personal and professional development.
• Mentees and mentors fill out online applications (located below)
• Selected individuals are paired based on geography, interests, and other parameters.
• Mentee-Mentor pairs are introduced at a kick-off session where they establish goals and expectations to tailor their experience.
• They are encouraged to communicate at minimum monthly; however, most pairs choose to do so more frequently.
• Pairs meet again at a closing session where they are invited to share jointly produced projects and/or “aha” moments.
Mentees Open to students, recent graduates, and young professionals pursuing careers in design-related fields. Mentees must be current AIGA Atlanta members to participate.
Mentors The Mentor position is open to AIGA Atlanta members who are seasoned design professionals with (5-20+) years’ experience in a design-related field.
Fees There is a fee of $30 for all mentees to apply for the program. Participation is free for mentors, but the application process is still a requirement.
Further Questions? Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions you may have about the program. We will do our best to respond within 48-hours.
Applications Rise Up 2018 Applications will be open for submissions on October 16, 2017 and will remain open until December 15, 2017. See below for specific guidelines and responsibilities for the 2018 Program and read prior to applying to the program.
Guidelines and Responsibilities See below for specific guidelines and responsibilities for the program. Please read prior to applying to the program.
• Participants are required to meet one-on-one once a month (i.e. in person, video chat, phone call, etc), though more frequent interactions are encouraged.
• Life happens, and sometimes obligations need to be rearranged. Please give your partner the respect of at least a 24-hour cancellation notice prior to your scheduled meeting.
• Focus is on enhancing the skills necessary to be a successful professional designer. This is not considered an internship, nor a guarantee of employment. The program is entirely experiential and customized by participant according to their areas of need.
• The AIGA Atlanta Mentorship Committee will hand select pairs based on the application, geographic proximity, professional interests, and the outside interests of each applicant.
• There is launch party planned for Saturday, January 27, 2018 where mentees and mentors will meet “officially” for the first time with mandatory attendance.
• There will be a closing party tentatively planned for Saturday, May 19th with mandatory attendance.
•If using social media to detail this experience, please use hashtag #AIGARiseup