2023 Rise Up! Mentorship Program
We are thrilled to announce the 9th round of AIGA Atlanta’s Rise Up! Mentorship Program! Designed to pair emerging designers with seasoned mentors from our own creative community, we accept designers at all stages of their career located ITP, OTP, and beyond!
Applications have been extended and are now due January 6th, 2023 Friday at 11:59 pm.
Space is limited and spots fill up quickly! Applications are viewed and accepted on a first come first served basis, and once spots are filled applications close. You may email us to be added to a waitlist if spots do become available.
How It Works
AIGA Atlanta accepts a total of 40 mentee-mentor pairs to participate in an exclusive program that promotes community, design education, and personal & professional development.
- Mentees and mentors fill out online applications (located below).
- Selected individuals are paired based on concentration, geography, interests, and other parameters.
- Mentee-mentor pairs are introduced at a mandatory Opening Party where they establish goals and expectations to tailor their experience.
- They are encouraged to communicate at minimum monthly. However, most pairs choose to do so more frequently.
- Pairs meet again at our Closing Ceremony where they are invited to share jointly produced projects and/or “aha” moments.
Open to students, recent graduates, and young professionals pursuing careers in design or design-related fields. Mentees do not have to be a member of AIGA to apply.
The Mentor position is open to ALL seasoned design professionals with at least 5 years of experience in design or a design-related field. AIGA membership is encouraged but not required to participate.
There is a fee of $30 for all mentees to apply for the program. Participation is free for mentors, but the application process is still a requirement.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have about the program. We will do our best to respond within 48 hours.
Rise Up! 2023 Applications will be open for submissions on Thursday, December 1, 2022, and will remain open until Friday, December 23, 2023, at midnight.
Guidelines and Responsibilities
See below for specific guidelines and responsibilities for the program. Please read prior to applying to the program.
- Participants are required to meet one-on-one once a month (i.e. in person, video chat, phone call, etc), though more frequent interactions are encouraged.
- Life happens, and sometimes obligations need to be rearranged. Please give your partner the respect of at least a 24-hour cancellation notice prior to your scheduled meeting.
- Focus is on enhancing the skills necessary to be a successful professional designer. This is not considered an internship, nor a guarantee of employment. The program is entirely experiential and customized by participants according to their areas of need.
- The AIGA Atlanta Mentorship Committee will hand-select pairs based on the application, geographic proximity, professional interests, and the outside interests of each applicant.
- There will be an official Opening Party planned for Saturday, January 28, 2023, where mentees and mentors will meet “officially” for the first time with mandatory attendance.
- There will be a Closing Ceremony tentatively planned for Saturday, May 27th with mandatory attendance.
- If using social media to detail this experience, please use hashtag #AIGARiseup