Mentors and Mentees — join us at Portfolio Center on March 25th for a relaxed roundtable discussion reviewing what mentees and mentor have learned thus far.
This event is invite only. If you are interested in participating in the 2018 Mentorship Program, please contact Alina Shafii at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Mid-Progress Event Details
Date: Saturday, March 25th
Time: 10:00 am — 11:30 am
Location: Portfolio Center (125 Bennett St NW Atlanta, GA 30309)
How it Works
Each year, AIGA Atlanta accepts a select group of Mentor-Mentee pairs to participate in an exclusive mentorship program that promotes community, design education, and personal and professional development. Mentor-Mentee pairs are introduced at a kick-off session where they establish goals and expectations to tailor their experience. They are encouraged to communicate at least monthly; most do so more frequently. Pairs meet again at a closing session where they are invited to share jointly produced projects and “aha” moments.
2017 Guidelines and Responsibilities
- Mentors and mentees agree to a commitment from January – May 2017. The minimum requirements are to meet one-on-one once a month (can meet via Skype), though more frequent interactions are encouraged.
- Life happens, and sometimes obligations need to be rearranged. Please give your partner the respect of at least 24-hours cancellation notice prior to your scheduled meeting.
- Focus is on enhancing the skills necessary to be a successful professional designer. This is not considered an internship, nor a guarantee of employment. The program is entirely experiential and customized by participant according to their areas of need.
- The AIGA Mentorship Committee will hand select pairs based on the application, geographic proximity, professional interests, and the outside interests of each applicant.
- If using social media to detail this experience, please use hashtag #AIGARiseup