We are thrilled to announce the 3rd round of Rise Up, AIGA Atlanta’s exclusive mentorship program, designed to pair emerging designers with seasoned mentors from our own creative community.
All pairs have been selected for 2017 and the kick-off session is invitation only. Please contact Alina Shafii at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Rise Up 2017 will open with a kick-off session taking place Saturday, January 28th from 10am—12pm at The Creative Circus (812 Lambert Dr. NE, Atlanta, GA 30324).
How it Works
Each year, AIGA Atlanta accepts a select group of Mentor-Mentee pairs to participate in an exclusive mentorship program that promotes community, design education, and personal and professional development. Mentor-Mentee pairs are introduced at a kick-off session where they establish goals and expectations to tailor their experience. They are encouraged to communicate at least monthly; most do so more frequently. Pairs meet again at a closing session where they are invited to share jointly produced projects and “aha” moments.
2017 Guidelines and Responsibilities
- Mentors and mentees agree to a commitment from January – May 2017. The minimum requirements are to meet one-on-one once a month (can meet via Skype), though more frequent interactions are encouraged.
- Life happens, and sometimes obligations need to be rearranged. Please give your partner the respect of at least 24-hours cancellation notice prior to your scheduled meeting.
- Focus is on enhancing the skills necessary to be a successful professional designer. This is not considered an internship, nor a guarantee of employment. The program is entirely experiential and customized by participant according to their areas of need.
- The AIGA Mentorship Committee will hand select pairs based on the application, geographic proximity, professional interests, and the outside interests of each applicant.
- Save the Date for our Kick-Off Session Saturday, January 28, 2017, where mentees and mentors will meet “officially” for the first time with mandatory attendance. Further details will be announced when pairs are selected in early January 2017.
- There will be a closing party tentatively planned for Saturday, May 13th with mandatory attendance. An official announcement with more details will be made closer to this date.
- If using social media to detail this experience, please use hashtag #AIGARiseup