What music do you listen to while creating?
AIGA Atlanta has curated a show of posters and a playlist of songs that inspired each piece. Come see the art, hear the music, and participate in lively conversation while we raise funds for future programming at the awesome downtown Atlanta venue, Mammal Gallery! You will also be given a link to the playlist for future listening. It should prove to be as eclectic as our community and no doubt, inspire your creativity.
We’ll have a few honorary judges pick their favorites prior to the exhibition. Prizes will be given to those designers as well as an award for “People’s Choice Best in Show” voted on by YOU. That lucky winner will win (2) day passes to the 2016 Shaky Knees Music Fest! But everyone can take something home. If you see a poster or five that deserve a place on your wall, 18” x 24” digital copies of all the art will be for sale!
Later in the evening, Atlanta’s own Reuben’s Bell will give us a high energy live performance. Their home-town sound of original songs and covers will surely get the party going.
Meet Our Honorary Judges:
- Flournoy Holmes – Legendary artist who visually defined the Southern Rock phenomenon of the early 1970's and designer of the Allman Brothers' iconic "Eat a Peach" album cover.
- Futurebirds – Athens-based ragged rockers, known for their country rock infused sound.
- Lure Design – Award winning design studio in Orlando, FL, working as deftly in corporate branding as they are in producing rock posters for the likes of Wilco and Band of Horses.
A huge thanks to our sponsors!
- Pre-Registered Members: $8
- Pre-Registered Non-Members: $12
- At-Door Members: $15
- At-Door Non-Members: $20
Bring cash or credit card to take home some posters:
- $20 for 1 poster
- $50 for 3 posters
- $80 for 5 posters
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There are several pay garages in the area and the venue is close to the Five Points Marta Station. Please plan for a safe ride home. Uber is your friend!