Drinks and letterpress are a winning combination!
Come on out to Atlanta Printmaker's Studio for a hands-on workshop and leave with a new set of beautifully crafted business cards! You will prepare a 1-color piece of art for your business card design and will be able to print approximately 150 business cards. As always, this event is BYOB.
Trustee & Design Leaders: Free*
Sustaining, Supporting & Educators: $55*
Friend & Non-Members: $80*
Homework Before The Class:
Please use the Illustrator template we will provide for you and follow all instructions:
- All placed images (logos, graphics, scans) need to be converted to bitmap image mode in Photoshop before placing in the illustrator file.
- Instructions for correctly converting to bitmap:
1) Open image in Photoshop and select Image > Mode > Grayscale
2) Select "yes" if a window asks about discarding color
3) Then Select Image > Mode > Bitmap. A window will pop up looking for info - use a resolution of 600-1200 dpi and an output method of 50% threshold.
4) Save the file as a tif (with LZW Compression) and link the tif in your illustrator file.
• Save your completed business card layout as a high res PDF (use press ready option) with your name in the file name.
Artwork due Feb. 28. Send all files to Philip Berwick
* Tickets are non-refundable or transferable. Workshop registrant must be over the age of 21 to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages. An official U.S. government ID must be available for proof of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly.