Calling all Atlanta Art and Design Students! The AIGA-Atlanta Student Board and The Art Institute invite you to the biggest student event of the year. Show off your talent and network with Atlanta-area design students at the 5th Annual Student Pin Up Show and Membership Party at Big Studio on Saturday, January 25.
Join us for a fun and informal evening, meet our distinguished judges and pin up your best student work for the competition! Professionals and educators are also invited to come check out Atlanta’s freshest talent.
We would like to send a big thank you to our event sponsors Binder's Art Supplies and Shutterstock for providing the prizes for this competition.
Barbara Griffin, Creative Director/Producer; Former Sr. VP at Image Management of TBS
Doug Grimmett, Primal Screen, President & Founder
Elizabeth Seidle, Grant Collaborative, Senior Designer
Skot Waldron, Multiple, Inc., Principle & Creative Director
Albert Whitley, Sapient Nitro, Senior Art Director
- Must be a current student with a student ID or a recent graduate (Fall/Summer 2013) to submit work in the pin up show competition. Only student work may be shown (no professional work). Students, educators, faculty and professionals are invited.
- No group work may be submitted.
- Maximum 3 entries per student. A campaign would be considered 1 entry (identity campaign, etc.) DISCLAIMER: In the event that wall space is filled before all interested participants have pinned, the event committee reserves the right to request that anyone pinning the max of 3 pieces be ready to reduce their number of entries, so that all interested participants are able to pin at least one entry.
- Must pre-register online or pay at the door (cash only) to enter competition (flat price for up to 3 pieces) and submit work by 7:30 PM.
- All work to be displayed must be 2D and no larger than 13x19”. 3D work/websites can be shown by photographs/printouts, but keep in mind that these should be high quality to best show your work.
Doors open at 6:30 PM. Students are responsible for bringing their work to Big Studio no later than 7:30 PM on January 25th. Pinning work will take place from 6:30-7:30 PM, judging will be from 7:30-8:30 PM, and the winners will be announced from 9:30-10 PM. Please write your name, email, school and phone # on the back of your piece. There should be no identifying information visible on the front. Must be present to win. Pins will be provided to mount your work. The event committee reserves the right to reposition work in order to accommodate all submissions in an orderly manner.
2D Graphic Design: This category includes any 2D, print piece of graphic design.
3D Graphic Design: This category includes any 3D piece of graphic design, including models, packaging, renderings, etc. 3D work must be presented as a photo or print-out. Physical pieces will not be displayed.
Web & Interactive: This category includes any web and interactive design. Work must be printed out to display. No on-screen work will be accepted.
Illustration: This category includes any illustration work, including non-graphic design illustration.
Photography: This category includes any photographic work.
Online Registration (ends 01/24/14 at 12:00 pm)
At the Door
Location & Parking
Big Studio at King Plow Arts Center
887 W Marietta St NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
When putting the address into a navigation app, please use one the following: Big Studio, Atlanta GA 30318 or King Plow Arts Center, Atlanta GA 30318. Turn into King Plow Parking Entrance 2, valet located directly outside the studio entrance. If you use the street address, maps will sometimes incorrectly lead to the intersection of Marietta Street & Northside Drive (about a half mile from BIG).
There is a parking deck onsite. $5 for anything over 90 minutes for all guests.
For questions, please ask Addie at email@example.com