Join students from all over the Southeast for this annual design industry night, where students "pin-up" and show off their latest designs. We are excited to be at Monday Night Garage on February 26th from 3 to 6 pm for this year’s show.
Get the opportunity to immerse yourself in Atlanta’s creative community, hanging out with other design students, faculty, and professionals. Walk around and take a peek at emerging trends created by our area’s rising stars. Show school pride in the photo booth and during the annual school roll call.
Employers hiring interns and recent grads are invited to scope new talent.
All attendees are eligible for fun door prizes throughout the event. Enjoy light snacks while making a new connection.
Pinners vie for a chance to win Excellence Awards and Judge’s Choice Awards (one per judge). Excellence Awards include the top overall six pieces in the show based on creativity, craftsmanship, concept and use of design elements as determined by the judges.
All proceeds benefit the AIGA Atlanta Student Board and all of our exciting initiatives for 2023.
Registration & Pricing:
Register in advance online or register at the door. Save a few bucks with early bird pricing (through 2.5.23 midnight) and regular online pricing (through 2.25.23 midnight). At-door registrants should bring cash or have Eventbrite app downloaded.
Early Bird (ends Feb 5, 11:59 pm) – Members: $10, Non-Members: $15
Regular Online (ends Feb 25, 11:59 pm) – Members: $15, Non-Members: $20
At-Door – Members: $20, Non-members: $25
Pinning is FREE with event fee. Not sure whether to pin? Bring it with you and decide at the show.
All ticket sales are final. No refunds. To transfer a ticket, contact the Student Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org p.m. with “2023 Pin-Up Show ticket” the subject line.
Design — print pieces, posters, branding systems, logos, print ads, typeface designs, print publications, packaging, etc.
Photography — Any original photography.
Illustration — Any illustration done traditionally or digitally.
Advertising — art direction and copywriting for campaigns.
UX/UI — Any web, apps, or interactive design pieces.
Foundation Level (Must be in your first 6 months of school and showcasing work done during this time) — This category includes all of the above categories for students in their first six-months of graphic design education.
High School — This category includes all of the above categories for students in high school
***Work must be printed out for display, for motion, or video print a QR code that links to your work.
3 pm: Doors open
3–4:30 pm: Pinning work to the walls runs from 3 to 4:30 pm OR until wall space is filled. Arrive early! NO pinning after 4:30 pm.
4:30–5:30 pm: Judge deliberations; Grab some food, mingle, and take pictures with friends in the photo booth. The pin area may be partially closed off for judging.
5:30–6 pm: Announcements, awards, and closing comments. You must be present to win.
Photo booth and door prizes throughout the night.
Eligibility & Rules:
• Competition participants must be a current student or graduated between August–December 2022 presenting school work only. No professional work allowed, internship and personal work are allowed.
•To enter the competition, bring your work to Monday Night Garage on the evening of Sunday, February 26, 2023 between 3–4:30pm (pending available space) to be pinned on the competition wall, organized by category.
• All required information must be written on the back of pieces: piece name, your name, email, phone number, school, faculty/instructor’s name. Group projects must list all group project members who must all be present.
• No personal information should be visible on the front of your work. A short, brief statement about the work (100 words max) may be pinned next to your piece or incorporated in your presentation layout and is highly recommended.
• Prior to pinning, category pinning location verified by wall monitor. Work may be re-positioned by wall monitor if in the wrong area. Attendees may not move the work of others.
• Maximum 3 entries per student. (Any identity system or branding campaign is considered 1 entry.)
• All work must be “pin-able” (with our supplied removable poster tape) and no larger than 13” x 19”. No physical 3D projects accepted. Pieces recommended to NOT be mounted to heavy board, just paper.
WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE PRIZES!
Contact the Student Board at: email@example.com with “2023 Pin-Up Show ticket” on the subject line.
Would you like to volunteer?
AIGA Atlanta is a volunteer-run organization, and we're always looking for energetic and passionate volunteers to help at our events. The plus side is that you don't have to be a member AND you get in for FREE! If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility: If you need accommodations to fully access the event, please get in touch with email@example.com.
A very special thank you to Goods & Services and Monday Night Brewing, our event partners for the 11th Annual Student Pin Up Show.