Welcome to the next Ink & Drink Letterpress Workshop, on Friday evening, September 28. We think everyone will have a good time and come away with lots of great cards. You can expect to print 25 cards each, and you will be given envelopes as well. We themed this event “stationery” or “thank you cards,” but feel free to use the design space however you'd like.
HOMEWORK BEFORE THE CLASS
* Prepare one piece of 1-color art for your card. The maximum size is 3.625” x 4.75”. (The card is flat and measures 4.625” x 6.25”.)
* All images must be 100% black (no RGB or CMYK).
* All type must be outlined.
* Avoid extremely thin lines and extremely small type.
* Files must follow the following specs: https://boxcarpress.com/platemaking/polymer-tips.html
* Save your art as a high res PDF with your last name included in the file name and email to email@example.com by Friday 9/7. Your plates will be prepared for you ahead of time.
SUPPLIES TO BRING
Bring an apron, or just wear old clothes.
Our instructor: Margot Ecke is an instructor at APS. She received her M.F.A. from the Rhode Island School of Design and her B.F.A. from Cornell University, as well as the Professional Printing Certificate from the Tamarind Institute at the University of New Mexico and her Certificate in Bookbinding at the North Bennett Street School in Boston.
* Intro to the letterpress process and examples of prints
* Demonstration of plate and paper prep
* Demonstration of printing
* Ink mixing
* Set-up and printing
Atlanta Printmakers Studio
675 Metropolitan Parkway SW# 6026
Atlanta, GA 30310
Atlanta Printmakers Studio is located in the Metropolitan Warehouses complex, just southwest of downtown Atlanta. The warehouses are white buildings that take up an entire block on the corner of Metropolitan Parkway and Ralph David Abernathy.
You will need a gate code to get in if the entrance gate is shut. We will send you the gate code before the event. The keypad is on the ramp on your left side.
After passing through the gate take an immediate hard right to the drive in-between the gate and the front of the Metropolitan (red facade). Continue straight and when drive ends, turn left. APS has a red awning and sign and is on the right about 4 doors down. Park anywhere, but please don't block someone's door or roll-up.
We will have snacks! BYOB!
Thanks to Binders Art Supplies for sponsoring this event!
***** Want to tweet with us before and during the event? Use the hastag #AIGAink
Questions about the event? Please email the event manager Shari Margolin.
All ticket sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable or transferable.