Join the fun during the 7th annual citywide AIGA Atlanta Student Pinup Show & Party. This is your chance to mingle with students and faculty from area design schools, show off your school work (oooooh!), check out their work (aaaaah!), compete for judged prizes and possibly be voted the coveted People’s Choice winner (yeah!). All attendees—whether pinning or not—are eligible to vote for People’s Choice winner.
Admission price includes two drink tickets (with valid ID) and snacks. No additional charge to pinup and compete.
Door prizes and photobooth opportunities throughout the evening. Show your school’s spirit with a group photo!
Any student attendee may pin but MUST BE PRESENT to win and accept award.
J Cornelius—president of Nine Labs and of Atlanta Web Design Group, founder of Web Afternoon
Beth Lilly—executive director of Atlanta Photography Group
Kathi Roberts—AIGA ATL Fellow and owner/principal of Roberts Design
Wade Thompson—founder of Son & Sons and AIGA ATL president
Matheus Meneghel—Sr. Art Director at Second Story Interactive Studios
DOOR PRIZES & AWARDS (must be present to win)
Some of this year's giveaways are Binder's gift cards, 1-year subscription to Adobe CC, 1-month subscription to SkillShare (AIGA members only), 1-year subscription to Communication Arts, various CA annuals, Sappi paper special promos and more!
SCHEDULE (*timing adjusted as needed that evening)
6:30–7:30pm Pin up submissions
7:45–8:45pm* Judges deliberate
8:45–9:15pm* People’s Choice voting
9:30–10:00pm Winners announced
Students may submit a total of 3 pieces of work under any of the following categories:
• 2-D Graphic Design—Any 2D print piece including posters, invitations, calendars, branding systems, logos, print ads, typeface designs, etc.
• 3-D Graphic Design—Any 3D piece of graphic design including models, packaging, renderings, signage/sign systems, etc. 3D work must be presented as a photo or print. No physical 3D pieces will be accepted.
• Digital Graphic Design—Any web, apps or interactive design pieces. Work must be printed out for display. No live on-screen work will be accepted.
• Illustration & Photography—These categories include illustration, photography and any other piece of visual communication that does not fall into the above categories.
• Foundation Level—This category includes all of the above categories for students in their first six-months of graphic design education.
ELIGIBILITY & RULES
To enter the competition, please bring your work to MODA on the evening of Saturday, February 20 between 6:30–7:30pm (pending available space) to be pinned on the competition wall.
• Prior to pinning, all required information must be written on the back of pieces and category pinning location verified by wall monitor.
• Required information on BACK of piece: piece name, your name, email, school, phone number, faculty/instructor’s name.
• No personal information should be visible on the front of your work.
A brief statement about the work may be pinned next to your piece.
Must be a current student or recent graduate (6 months after graduation max) to participate in the competition.
• School work only is eligible.
• No internship, professional or personal work allowed. No group work allowed.
Maximum 3 entries per student. (Any identity system or branding campaign is considered 1 piece.)
• All work must be “pin-able” (with our supplied removable poster tape) and no larger than 13” x 19”.
• No physical 3D projects accepted.
• Pieces recommended to NOT be mounted to heavy board.
Online Registration (Open until February 18, 2016, 11:59pm)
At the Door** (Doors open 6:30pm)
(**At the Door is cash ONLY. Exact amount appreciated.)
Have any questions? Email us at: email@example.com (with Pinup Show 2016 in the subject line).
What are you waiting for?? Grab a friend or two or your WHOLE design school and get them registered.
Special gift to member students from the school with the most AIGA member attendees—verified at event registration. To receive gift, member students must be present when winning school announced.
A BIG thanks to the Kennesaw State University's 2016 Pinup Show Committee for spearheading this year's show.THE FINE PRINT:
No refunds; however online registration fee may be transferred to another person at the door with advance notification from the paying registrant.
To receive alcoholic drink tickets a valid government-issued photo ID must be shown at event registration check-in.
Tickets not required for non-alcoholic drinks.