The annual pin-up show is a design industry night hosted by the AIGA ATL Student Board! Students from all over the southeast come to "pin-up" and show off their latest designs, meet other design students and design professionals, and win fun prizes! Also, the winners from each category will have their work put on display at Binder's Gallery at Ponce City Market in August.
This is our 8th annual show and we are thrilled that this year's show is hosted in partnership with Matchstic Branding, Elevator Factory, and The Jane.
- 2D Design—Any 2D print piece including posters, invitations, calendars, branding systems, logos, print ads, typeface designs, etc.
- 3D Design—Any 3D piece of graphic design including models, packaging, renderings, signage/sign systems, etc. 3D work must be presented as a photo or print. No physical 3D pieces will be accepted.
- Web/Interactive—Any web, apps or interactive design pieces. Work must be printed out for display. No live on-screen work will be accepted.
- Photography—Any photograph done traditionally or digitaly.
- Illustration—Any illustration done traditionally or digitally.
- Foundation Level (Must be in your first 6 months of school and showcasing work done during this time)—This category includes all of the above categories for students in their first six-months of graphic design education.
Size and Quantity Requirements:
AIGA members can pin up to 3 pieces of work, and non-members are allowed to pin 1 piece of work. The maximum size of work to pin 13in x 19in. Prior to pinning, all required information must be written on the back of pieces and category pinning location verified by wall monitor. No personal information should be visible on the front of your work.
- Andy Silvestri, Co-Founder and Strategist at Field UX
- Barbara Hamilton, Creative Director at KidsII
- Blake Howard, Creative Director and Co-Founder of Matchstic
- Daniel Flores, aka DaCreativeGenius, Traditional and Digital Illustrator
- Kathi Roberts, AIGA Fellow, and founder of Roberts Design
- Ryan Taylor, Creative Director at Brighthouse
Register in advance here or register or at the door! If you plan to register at the door, you will need cash or the EVENTBRITE app downloaded.
We will have a limited supply of T-shirts and Tote bags for sale so please bring cash to purchase some goodies and support AIGA Atlanta!
6:00 - 7:30pm: Pinning work to the walls will begin at 6 and go to 7:30 OR until there is no space left on the walls! Get there early!
7:30 - 8:00pm: Grab a drink at Elevator Factory (Bar will be open to purchase drinks and snacks!)
8:00 - 8:30pm: Judging and mingling will be from at this time, then immediately followed by the awards announcement.
Post Show: Join us after the event at Elevator Factory for a karaoke pop up with food! Discounts are provided to Pin Up Show attendees!
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
If you drive, there is parking in the Jane parking lot or on the street but it is limited.
Uber and Lyft is most likely the best option as parking will be limited.
The Marta King Memorial Station is a .5 mile walk away, so ride with a group of friends!
ELIGIBILITY & RULES
To enter the competition, please bring your work to Matchstic on the evening of Saturday, April 8 between 6:00–7:30pm (pending available space) to be pinned on the competition wall.
Prior to pinning, all required information must be written on the back of pieces and category pinning location verified by wall monitor.
Required information on BACK of piece: piece name, your name, email, school, phone number, faculty/instructor’s name.
No personal information should be visible on the front of your work. A short, brief statement about the work may be pinned next to your piece.
Must be a current student or recent graduate (6 months after graduation max) to participate in the competition.
School work only is eligible. No internship, professional or personal work allowed. Group work IS allowed.
Maximum 3 entries per AIGA student member and 1 per non-AIGA student member. (Any identity system or branding campaign is considered 1 piece.)
All work must be “pin-able” (with our supplied removable poster tape) and no larger than 13” x 19”. No physical 3D projects accepted. Pieces recommended to NOT be mounted to heavy board, just paper.
WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE PRIZES!